• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sas issues

P95k1500 6.5

Reaction score
So I recently bought a 95 k1500 with a Dana 44 under the front, and heim joints. The only issues I'm having is figuring out why my turning radius is terrible but it turns further to the left than the right, and the steering is kinda lose any ideas on what to check on first?

Welcome.
Worn joints like pitman, idler, tierods, etc can have a lot of slop that eats up the movement and control.

Find all the worn components and replace them to start with. Be careful to get them adjusted as close to original when installing. Be VERY careful when you test drive, as the new parts can theough the alignment off, often it does alter it. plan on an alignment after the parts.

When i was younger, we used to take the rig into shops that had free estimates. Then double check the parts they said were the issue Incase they were just selling unneeded parts for more profit. Swap the bad parts, then take it back and have them do just the alignment.

Thanks I have already gone through the steering parts and had a alignment done when I got the truck( it had bad ball joints when I bought it). All of that is good the steering is more like a 70s Chevy with the slip that's not as much of a worry as the turning radius and it's throwing me for a loop that it turns almost a full revolution of the steering wheel more in one direction than the other. But thanks I appreciate the help.

Back