• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sand Blasting

smokymtn65

Reaction score
We touched on Blast cabinets on another thread, So I decided to add this one. I have a 40# free standing HF unit that worked ok. I did fully caulk it when I assembled it, helps keeps dust down. I haven't been super happy with gun seemed to stop up a lot, contributed it to moisture but I didn't think it could be all the problem. I am using Black Beauty (coal). So i decide to try upgrading the gun and bought the Skat upgrade kit, gun and siphon tube. WOW what a difference.

It does ok. It is a 33gal 6.5 hp . I dont remember the "rated" cfm I am doing parts about 6in square and i didn't have to stop to let it catch up. Hope that helps. CFM wise i don't see much difference between large HF nozzle and the medium the Skat came setup with but performance it 10x better for me.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ah, ok that's the same gun that came with mine, only thing that bothers me is the long trigger, and the nozzles wear out fast even tho I only use about 40psi pressure, but the white aluminum oxide is really sharp...

Thanks

The longer trigger is not my favorite, I do get the suction hose under it some. But it worked so much better I will deal with it! lol

Back