• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

safe to install torque converter lock switch??

searstractorfan

Reaction score
My dad just bought a truck with a decently built auto I think, and wondered if it safe to install a torque converter lock switch?? I know its got a 3disk converter, billet input shaft, GM upgraded line solenoid and I think(doing this from memory) upgraded clutch packs...I know that darn Auto cranks harder then my 6spd does...the clutch in my 6spd slips before this auto even thinks about slipping(or so she feels like)....Any how just wanted to see if its safe to do..(OH PS cumminalong, I need to order some gauges from ya for this truck.... im thinking boost, egt, rail pressure and trans temp)

As long as he has a billet input, it'll be fine, as long as the truck is under 450 HP.

If it's over that, make sure it has AT LEAST a laminated flex plate, otherwise with that triple disk TC you'll risk ripping the center out.

Guy said its an upgraded Flex plate that its SFI rated for drag racing and pulling....I saw the stock plate laying in his garage floor(haven crawled under and looked to see what this plate looks like thats on it)...Trucks all stock except for the smarty sr. programer....and its not turned up very high....

Back