• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sad day.

Wow Matuva! I am so sorry to hear that! I am sure you will be in another 6.5 soon bud. Its also great you are staying with the family here!

aces went down the same road, when things smooth out you'll have another 6.5. Its like crack, sure you think you can quit, but its in your blood now. Have you and slim looked into putting an A-team turbo on the sidekick???:smilielol5:

Hey, at least she left at the tip top of her heatlh! Someone is going to pamper that baby! Its a hell of a lot better than hearing another blown up sad story.... Way to go Mutava! I'm sure you'll see it around on that little postage stamp you live on!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Really appreciate all your kind words guys (and girls :D)

Matt, as you noticed, there's a bunch of 6.5 on my island. With all the knowledge you all shared with me, I have gained a bit of knowledge and I'm now introduced in the 6.5 crowd here, and several owners count on me.

Like said above, it's in blood now, and I will at least keep on helping buddies locally and continue cruising here...

That Zuki is a funny tiny ride.... nothing to compare with a 6.5, but funny...

a 6.5 inside? mmm:rolleyes5: unfortunately, sounds like putting in a CAT955 engine inside one of our rig :silly:

G'day Matuva,

Did you make money?

I'm going to be working on getting the Beast back on the road, probably sell it, too (daughter wants to keep it for herself -- 16-1/2 now). But wifey wants me to look for a diesel sub to replace, though. It's in their blood, too.

Anyhow, my sincerest condolences for parting with your 6.5. If it finds its way back to your driveway by itself, are you going to return it?

Regards,
Franko

I think that times to times, I will see her home, as the new owner has moderate knowledge in the 6.5 and would like me to help him in maintenance, even though he had already owned 3 6.5 previously.

He is leaving 400 kilometers north, but often comes to visit his family in my city.

I just had him at the phone few minutes ago, he was just finishing his trip back home. He said, "Man, that rig is awesome, that's the stronger I ever drive"

you know what, I'm happy :sad:

Hang in there, Al. Everything happens for a reason - at least, I hope there's a reason. You'll get through this and have another 6.5... I just have this feeling...

Hey Matuva, just had look in your photoalbum. Man ,that a nice truck. Sad you had to let it go. I know the feeling, had a nice K5 when I was 19 and had to sell it to pay for school.

See you around.

Trond

So, Matuva; so sorry for your loss.

6.5 into the sidekick...
Reinforce the frame rails full length.
cut a hole in the floor at the back.
yank the sewing machine out from the engine bay (with transmission).
mount the 6.5 facing rear, add elec. fans to the radiator and coolers.
connect the transmission output to the front differential input, make crazy front wheel burnouts...or
connect it to the transfer case for excellent 4x4.
use the newly empty engine bay to haul kegs of beer to the beaches.
Tow houses to higher ground to avoid the rising oceans (global warming).
This is doable; you can name it Sidekickass. or FrankenSide

You did not say it was 4x4, but I assumed.

Hey buddy, you've been around so long, it's a real shock to hear of your shift. We'll be thinking of you and wishing you the best, Al!

-Rob :)

I am sorry to hear you lost your ride.....:eek:

Hopefully you will be back into the diesel ride sometime soon.

Good luck with your new ride....

I do see people are changing alot right now with the world the way it is.

I hope to see ya with a diesel someday......:thumbsup:

Back