• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Running TranSynd in a 48RE?

12ga diesel

Jack of all, Master of none
Reaction score
I have just shy of a gallon of TranSynd trans fluid and am curious that since it is a syn. trans fluid, I was thinking of getting more and could I run it in my 48RE? Or is it something just to be ran in the Allison?
Otherwise I'll get the syn. Mobil1 fluid. But for how good this fluid is, I would really like to run it in this truck. I have no problem spending a few extra bucks if I'm going to get the protection I can get with TranSynd.

That's cool. I was kinda hoping that someone had ran it before. I looked on the back of the jug, and there is no rating of any kind. Trans fluid have a rating? It's a top of the line trans fluid, so I would like to use it in the 48RE.

I guess that is a good thing to know. How many quarts will it take if I drop the pan and put in new fluid?

Just dropping the pan leaves a ton in the TC and the tranny cooler.

What you need is about 4 gals of new ATF+4, about 3 ft of 5/8" ID tubing and a 5 gal bucket.

Drop the pan, change the filter, put the pan back on, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Once you do that, add a gal of fluid and disconnect the REAR MOST tranny line where it connects to the trans. This is the return line from the cooler. Slip the 5/8 ID line over the fitting on the line and run it to the bucket.

Now, have someone start the truck and put it in neutral. This will pump the new fluid to the cooler and TC and flush the old stuff out. As soon as you see is sputter a bit, put it back in park and shut it down. Do this twice and you'll have all the old crap outta the TC, cooler and lines.

Now use the other 2 gals to fill the pan. You'll probably need about 7 qts at this point. Total in the tranny is about 12 - 13 qts.

One thing to remember is that the ONLY fluid "recommended" in the 48RE is ATF+4.

I agree.
Transynd meets TES-295, TES-389, C-4, Dexron® III, Mercon®, Voith G-1363 and ZF® TE-ML 14C specs.
It does not however meet ATF+4.

I would highly recommend using ATF+4 rated fluid.

Back