• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Running Spring Clamps...

Well UPS finally delivered them yesterday...I don't know what the problem was in taking so long, because it had the orange 3 day tape on the box...

I guess I'm not going to be satisfied either way with the way my install worked out, though I haven't towed with them yet...

The new rubbers are almost a full two inches shorter and when the truck is unloaded the rubbers sit a little over an inch off the pads...(Wondering if they make one in between the two...)

With my work trailer dropped on the ball there is still about a 1/2 inch between the rubber and the pad...I was hoping it would come to rest on the pads giving me the stability it had with the other rubbers...like I said...I haven't towed yet with them so I may be surprised come Monday how it acts on the Highway...My Camper is a good bit more tongue heavy so I'm betting the camper will be a perfect match...

I'll update my findings on Monday when I pull the trailer some and on Tuesday I'll have an even better Idea as I tow a longer distance on Tuesdays

Paul have you towed your camper yet? That is why I bought these instead of airbags.
I looked at my kit today and the rubber is too tall to fit. With my 2" drop the shorter rubber you have may be just right.

will be towing it in a few weeks...they are not that hard to change once the bracket is installed...it took all of ten minutes...I would just go ahead and start a complaint now...you probably are going to want the shorter ones...the second guy...the one that actually sent the replacements asked a lot of questions...did I have a spray in liner...tool box etc in the bed of the truck...said that should have been taken into account when ordering...there are no other sets for our trucks that I know of unless you custom order them...so just tell them no to anything they ask is in or on your bed...it's stock as far as you are concerned ;)

Back