• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Running Jet A in '07 6.7 Cummins w/ dpf

trotorx2

Reaction score
I have a buddy with a '07 6.7 cummins with the dpf and is wanting to run some of the Jet A fuel I can get. He is concerned about it causing problems with the dpf. I would think he would be ok with some added lubrication. Anyone have any info on any possible problems?

closer to kerosene, Jet-A possibly can be used but needs to be blended with Nr-2 or run with an additive as it doesn't have lubricity of Nr2, also may have red dye in the fuel which can get you into trouble, now in my 6.5 on occasion at our test cell I have transported waste Jet-A , and disposed of it properly so as to not have to call in a hazmat disposal company. But a 6.5 is only running 2200 psi injection, not sure I'd risk it in a 07 CRD with high injecttion pressure needing max lubricity and still having to worry if warranty will be honored.

Last edited:
There isn't any dye in Jet A. It is a different color than ulsd though. It is straw color. I mix 2 cycle oil at 16 oz to about 20 gal of Jet with a dose of Power Service too. My truck runs fine like this. I would think that Jet A would be more refined than ulsd and with lube it would be about the same as far as the dpf is concerned. My buddy keeps jumping back and forth over the fence about this and I'm just trying to give him good info.

Back