• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

RPM Lock ?

Matt Bachand

Depends on the 6.5
Reaction score
I've done the high idle switch, and like the 1750 or so RPM the high mode goes into. Would be really nice if I could use this on the highway as a sort of RPM Cruise control. Any ideas? (thinking a switch is cheaper than buying a Cruise Control Switch.

On the same note, anyone have a good source for croise control switches?

ACK!! Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!!!

I've done the high idle switch, and like the 1750 or so RPM the high mode goes into. Would be really nice if I could use this on the highway as a sort of RPM Cruise control. Any ideas? (thinking a switch is cheaper than buying a Cruise Control Switch.

Please tell me you don't really want a cruise control that reverts to speed as soon as you take your foot off the brake... or at least tell me what highwways you're going to be driving on so I can stay, oh, perhaps a continent away...

On the same note, anyone have a good source for croise control switches?

Much better question, amigo...

Please tell me you don't really want a cruise control that reverts to speed as soon as you take your foot off the brake... or at least tell me what highwways you're going to be driving on so I can stay, oh, perhaps a continent away...

Much better question, amigo...

Yeah :) I have an ABS light on that I don't care to fix, and I believe this stops cruise from working? Aces?

Might be. The PCM might consider something is not working properly and is cutting what we can call "not essentials functions".
When I was having issue using a "used but good one" PMD while excpecting the new one, I had no cruise. It came back with the new PMD.

You might want to talk with Acesandeights, he added cruise control to his truck..... with stock parts

Back