• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Roush mustang, was he really mashing it???

GMCYA

Resident Coonass
Reaction score
I met up with a black mustang with silver stripes and what looked to be a ground effects kit but the rear roush painted impression looked factory like the cobra. He was coming up fairly quick on the interstate and when he went to pass me I mashed on the skinny pedal and started leaving him. I slowed and he took off again so I mashed it again jumping from 85 to 110 really quick and I pulled away hard. I waited again but he just got in the right lane behind me and never tried to pass again. I was like WTF, it looked either factory or some body shop does some damn good work. It did not look cheesy like the ricers. Everything matched. This thing had no more umph than a reg. GT. I was expecting him to leave me by bus lengths. Was he really mashing it??? Anybody have any exp with a car like this?

EDIT: it was the last body style like an 03.

That's what I thought also. I was just trying to see him get on it to see the acceleration it had but he backed off. I have a hard time believing, well for any one like me anyways, that someone would spend that much money on a car and allow a big ass truck to mess with them. I can never own a vette or anything like that, I have no self control, I push everything to the limit and have the scars from the crotch rockets to prove it. If it was just a poser, someone does some damn nice work. It did not look rice at all, all of the contours matched and flowed seamlessly together. It was definately an eye catcher but come to think of it I don't remember hearing it. You can hear a damn cobra a 1/4 mile away.:thumbsup:

Was prob. actually just a V6 with the Body Kit.

There are ALOT of those '03 Body Style V6's out here by me running the full GT Parts. Body Kit, Exhaust, Wheels.

they have diff stages of roush mustangs.....the stage one is simply a body kit and exhaust

i dont know about mustangs, but those new camaro SS, i saw one pass me on the interstate and jumped on the pedal right away, we took it up to about 100, and thats when i heard him downshift and just watched him pull away. about that time was when i lowered my hat and zipped up my jeans, since he just showed me that his was bigger......(figureatively speaking)

Don't let the Roush's fool you, they are only worth having if you have a stage 3+. They come in multiple stages. Since I have a new Camaro SS, I'll compare the Roush to it.

Stage 1's will basically be a minor upgrade from a GT. An SS will comfortably beat it.
Stage 2's will be a decent upgrade. An SS will beat it.
Stage 3's is where they start stepping it up. It will run neck and neck with a new SS.
The 427r's, however, will destroy an SS.

Now these comparisons are for the 4th (2005-2009) generation Mustangs, I have no idea what the 2010 Roush upgrades hold. Honestly, If I couldn't have a 427r, I'd buy a Cobra before the other three stages.

Back