• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

RMI-25 Cooling System Treatment? Anybody used it?

dangerousdave

1994 6.5 Suburban
Reaction score
RMI-25 Cooling System Treatment

I just read about this; never had heard about it before.

Have any of you used it, is it any good?

Supposedly used in agriculture and industry for years, now going into the general consumer market?

I am using it for a couple of years. I am not sure how to measure whether it is good or bad since I don't have a way to open my radiator and look at it.

So I just have to believe it is working. The rust is floating on the overflow, I can see it better in my camry since the overflow on the burb is cloudier.

Sounds like really good stuff as advertised of course.... Makes me want to toss a bottle in.

Probably a sure way to find the weak link in the older systems of ours...

Not yet, I just got budget (and ordered) some opti-lube; gonna switch from wally's 2-stroke + diesel Kleen, for a while, see if it works better. RMI-25 will wait til after daughter#1 wedding.
Its full of Evans right now, anyway.

Does Optilube made something for radiator?

Like I said above, unfortunately, I cannot dissect my radiator or cooling system.
I am also not sure on how to quantify the improvement, if there is any.

"No he originally delayed using this to buy Optilube to use vice Wal Mart 2-stroke in his fuel "
Affirmative.

I was really disapointed with optilube, 2 stroke works better, and ND30W runs best FOR ME.
I'm convinced the different additives wil work in certain vehicles; many variables.
Wear of certain parts, driving style, fuel, etc. all vary.

Last edited:
For cooling though I have found that flushing the system then only putting distilled water and watter wetter or hyper lube in works really well. Last time I pulled out my radiator I decided to flush it with it out, and I got quite a bit of crud to come out. Same in my Camaro, got all sort of sludge to come out of it. Cutting back on antifreeze really makes the cooling system work really well. And thats what most of these additives are really for, to replace antifreeze and just use the additive for the lubrication and rust prevention.

If you are not in freezing temps you dont have to add any antifreeze with water wetter, but I think it or hyper lube suggests 20% antifreeze for street vehicles, probably for those that might forget they arent set up for freezing temps. I only left in what was in the water that was left in the block

Whatever you do don't get the diesel water wetter version. It does not have the lubricants in it, because they assume its a big rig that has to run antifreeze or whatever.

Back