• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

RFC Swapping parts between TH350C and TH350 trans long output shaft to short.

L98TPI

Reaction score
I need to swap a TH350C (lockup converter) for a plain old TH350. It would be no big deal if it were not for the regular 350 is a short version and the C is a long tail version. I have rebuilt transmissions before, I rebuilt the TH350 20 years ago come to think of it. I do see in a book I have the the lock up related stuff is in the front of the trans and on a aux valve body, so I don't think that will be an issue. I suspect there has been changes over the years but I don't know what might keep the TH350's rear shaft from working with the TH350C's front one so I can use the short tail case. BTW that makes it the same length as a TH700R4. The TH350C is from 1983 and the TH350 from 77-78 as best as I can tell.

Any trans Guru's out there? :bow:

The Other Mark

To change output shafts, you basically need to dismantle the entire transmission...which isn't hard to do if it's already out of the car. The output shaft is one of the last things to come out of it. Otherwise, it should all fit even all the back to the late 60's, when they were first put into production.

I'm currently in the middle of a transmission rebuild and swap to replace my dead 700R4. I'm using a long output shaft and spacer to make it the same length as the 700R4 and fit the splines of my NP208 t-case.

As far as all the TH350 and TH350C stuff, i think it is all interchangeable, but i don't know exactly. I think you might just have to run a different pump, valve body and torque converter but i'm not sure exactly why and for what reason.

Back