• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Reverse lights always on and new thing with the headlights a few other minor issues

Scott D. Cropper

Reaction score
I just got this 1997 C/K SERIES 1500 Silverado givin to me by my boss have replaced damn near everything on my own no problems. Well now i am currently trying to find my backup switch for it so i can replace it in hopes that it fixes my problem with my reverse lights always being on all of a sudden which has just recently come to my attention since i got stopped for it but cant find it the book i have said it was at the base of the steering column somewhere which unless i am just not seeing it it ain't there and i have also noticed as well that my headlights come on the minute i turn the key whether my lights are actually on or not which is new i have also noticed that i am missing a relay and a some fuses are missing in inside of the cab of the fuse connection piece everything fuse just falls back out when put in place i think there may by even a few slots that could use fuses under the hood but are not necessary for operating the vehicle. But knowing how to install the pieces to install said fuses or whatever would be nice and noticed that my bed seem to move or lift maybe more then it should which is also something new noticed it after removing my truck bed shell to haul some stuff how do i check tht so i can fix it

Yeah, 97 has DRLs. Hi beams come on about ¾ bright as soon as the key's turned to Run. Please fill out your Signature so we all know what you have for a vehicle and don't have to ask over and over again the same questions like engine, transmission, 2 or 4wd, etc. Welcome to the Truck Stop @Scott D. Cropper !

Back