• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Restore engine oil treatment stuff

RCpullerdude

Reaction score
Anyone try it? Comes in a silver can that looks almost like a can of grease. Anyone try it and/or have opinions on it? It says it's for gas or diesel, and since I'm nearing 200K, I'm looking into stuff to bring some more longevity to the engine, and maybe restore it a bit if that's possible. Any other engine opil treatments anyone'd reccomend?

I recommend Auto-RX. It is an ester based cleaner that does the cleaning slowly. It cleans the ring pack, etc. If you are interested just check the Bobistheoilguy forum, in their oil additive section. There are a lot of testimony there. I did my diesel and gasser already and it seems to work great. If you have more question, just send me a PM.

I would think that you can restore a engine from a can...so much of that stuff is crap that I don't even pay it any attention

i just added a can of that restore stuff and gained 300 hp on the dyno,now im going to try it to my diesel should get 100-250 hp,,all for 12.95 in a can

I am quoting the Parts Guy at Federated: "It doesn't replace hard parts." That just about sums it up.

I just put a bottle of STP in my old truck every now and then.

I started using it around 200K miles in a Nissan Pathfinder that I drove for 12 years and 240K miles. It did perk the engine up a bit, is supposed to "help" worn rings and valve guides. It was a good little horse and I got a lot of great service out of it, so I can't say for sure that the Restore really helped - but it didn't hurt. Pathfinder was my last gasser before my first diesel, sold it when I got my 99 6.5TD Tahoe, it's still being driven around in New Jersey/Maryland.

Back