• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Researching getting a new D-max

Ed HD

Formerly: Dad's 05 LLY
Reaction score
So we got a letter today from the dealer we bought the 05 from, and for some obscure reason they want to buy it back, probably some scam to get us to buy a new truck. But, they included a voucher that's worth $1000 on a new trade-in, so we're just doing some research, and seeing if maybe it's not a bad idea. Anyone have any thoughts on something to not get, or just avoid the whole deal in the first place? Would appreciate any input.

Thanks,
Ed

it never hurts to see what you can get. if you like the deal they give ya take it if not walk out. I had that happen with the dealership i bought my first truck from, and all it is is to get you in the door. you could also live buy if there is nothing wrong with it dont worry about it. coupple factors are do you have a payment now? if not do you want a payment again? and with the new trucks of course comes the new emissions junk. also is your truck in good shape and are you happy with it. the other thing is do you have the truck how you like it. i had my old truck exactly how i wanted it and then traded it in for a stock truck which kinda sucked. its an idea i say is worth tossing around. never hurts to look.

Back