• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Request with Diagnostic assistance

Ranger

Spoolin that turbo ;0)
Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;prUrVKi3IJ8]http://youtu.be/prUrVKi3IJ8[/video]

This is a video of my CUCV at startup, idle, and running it up. I'd like to know what possible causes of this could be. It's significantly worse during cold weather, this was at about 80F ambient.

It's still running and going, but this smoke is extremely annoying... and smells like canned human tailpipe so I'd like to figure out what it might be, considering I'll actually have the money to do some revamping of things.... and I'd like to know if a full rebuild would be in order in combination with putting a sidewinder on the rig.

Thanks for looking.

Injection pump is not happy.

Either water contamination/damage from water in fuel of condensation(if it sat a long while) or the pump is just plumb wore out.

I went through the same thing my my K-5 when i bought it. The injection pump turned out to be all rusty inside upon dis-assembly.

Here's how it ran.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLsD3JrXupQ&list=UUp6CMknrm5nhv3xS5YwJQSQ&index=9&feature=plcp

Notice the crappy randomly loping idle and the blue-ish white smoke. Both tell tale signs of a bad IP.

I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with the engine. It fires right up in your video with little to no effort so i'd also say you've got no air in your fuel system, which can also cause white smoke but is always accompanied by hard starting and excessive cranking.

Yeah, I was figuring it'd be the IP and possibly injectors. I think it's got about 80k on it now miles wise, and USLD probably hasn't helped things any to be honest.

Do newer IP's deal with USLD any better or will I still need to go heavy on the additive?

All being said, $200 for injectors and $350ish for a new IP still ain't bad. Figure I'll see about new glow plugs while it's getting that done, since those haven't been replaced ever, new block heater, and some other various fixes for the thing.... looking really hard at putting a sidewinder on it since I could use some more grunt both on road and offroad.

Plus it'd sound sorta nice ;)

[video=youtube;hbyg3YSvBew]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbyg3YSvBew&feature=related[/video]

Hey Ranger,

Chevytrucksonly is selling a db4911 on here see if he has anymore 6.5 turbo setups for a package deal, a new upper gasket set and that will get the blazer going good, then you can start trying new turbos etc down the road.

Back