• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Replacing track...will anything else need replacing?

Max Attitude

Typical White Person
Reaction score
My sled has about 7,000 miles on it. :eek: It's a ;98 Yamaha V-Max 700 tripple XTC. 2 years ago I busted a hole through the track....I got a used track off of a 2002 Viper. Is there anything else that will need to be replaced besides the track? The shop close and cheapest by me quoted $200 to swap out the track but they said there could be other parts that need replacing. I'm guessing maybe the drive cogs?
It's actually my dad's snowmobile that he lets me ride. We made a deal...I buy a new track and he would pay to have it put on. I just got it started up again after it had sat for a couple years and rode it around the yard...good old Yamaha.:thumbsup:

If you were able to ride it with the hole in the track I would think you would be fine. The shop while they have it apart will most likely try and put slides on it at the least.

If you install ski doo motor, tunnel, belly pan, hood, bars, skis, shocks, skid, bumper and everything else to make a complete sled you will be in much better shape. LOL

If you install ski doo motor, tunnel, belly pan, hood, bars, skis, shocks, skid, bumper and everything else to make a complete sled you will be in much better shape. LOL

I don't want an unreliable sled.:eek::D

7k miles...haven't heard of a Ski Doo doing that without ANY problems. I hear of them blowing motors quite a bit though!):h

Yeah I'd replace the Hifax and maybe check out the track clips and cogs. Also while it's all apart check the Bogies as well.

Yeah I'd replace the Hifax and maybe check out the track clips and cogs. Also while it's all apart check the Bogies as well.

Yeah, hoping nothing like that will need replacing. The track I got is in great shape...just missing a couple studs. All clips are there.

Im not to up on yamaha's but if there anything like a polaris i"d consider replaceing the bearings on the drive shaft. and see what the gears and chain look like since that will be apart too. would suck to get it all back togather and have the bearing crap out soon down the road. also a good time to check all the shocks in the rear skid.

Alright, thanks guys. The guy doing it will let me know if he suggests anything else needs replacement.

Back