• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Replacing Speakers question

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I went to replace the speakers in my brothers truck today. But, I then noticed that the bracket is actually made into the speaker. How are you suppose to replace these? Its a 99 Z71...

custom fabrication of a bracket or panel for the new speaker... what size speaker is the problem? is it like a 2 inch tweeter or a full 6.5 inch door speaker?

custom fabrication of a bracket or panel for the new speaker... what size speaker is the problem? is it like a 2 inch tweeter or a full 6.5 inch door speaker?

It's the full 5.25 speaker. I found what I needed on eBay. But, I would like to make one myself.

Stupid GM for making the speaker and the bracket all in one! :doh:

hmm. I woudl assume a smal piece of aluminum or sheet metal steel could be used to make a bracket. or perhaps make a place that you can screw to the door or panel with a hole int he middle to secure the speaker iteself to. just a couple ideas. not sure what the bracket looks like

You were overthinking the problem.6 3/4 (or oversize 6 1/2) fit without manufacturing a bracket. Conversely if you are trying to use a standard 61/2 you can sort of remove the bracket from the old speaker,destroying it in the process,but leaving you with a bracket.

You were overthinking the problem.6 3/4 (or oversize 6 1/2) fit without manufacturing a bracket. Conversely if you are trying to use a standard 61/2 you can sort of remove the bracket from the old speaker,destroying it in the process,but leaving you with a bracket.

I don't think it will clear the hole in the door though. :(

Update:

Got them installed. I ended up breaking the speaker off the bracket and screwing the new one to the old bracket. Sounds alot the better. The old ones we're falling apart.

Now, Time to do the back ones. He alreay has 2 Rockford 10". Just needs an amp.

GM can be dumb. But the worst is on the pre 94 trucks where you had to relocate the deck to where the tape player is. That is if you had the tape player option.

Back