• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Replacing Lighting on the A/C Buttons

BoostN

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just noticed my Defroster button light has went out (the actual light behind the button that comes on at night to show you).

Can these be replaced?

Are you talking about the back lighting behind the button or the little amber light that comes on when you push the button in?

Automatic. Not the little orange light, the whole back light of the button.

I would assume that they can be replaced. As far as what all is entailed in changing them I do not know. Maybe someone else can chime in that has had one of the control heads apart.

I'm betting they are soldered in also. When I find the time I'll pull out the unit and see.

sounds like its time for some LED upgrades. the bulbs are not " replaceable" so to speak. gonna have to do some cutting and soldering.

sounds like its time for some LED upgrades. the bulbs are not " replaceable" so to speak. gonna have to do some cutting and soldering.

That's what I was afraid of.

Bad thing about it, I'm going to have to remove the unit to see what type of bulb to use or to match up LEDs...

I will have to see if I can dig up the part number for the lights I have. I got them out of my Newark Electronics Catalog. I will let you know if I find it.

theyre the same leds that are everywhere else and yes you can get in there fairly easy but they will need to be cut and new ones soldered on

DP has a thread on doing this... maybe a few threads and atleast one do it yourself thread.

I got the lights ordered yesterday. So I'll begin replacing these on the radio and also on my steering wheel. I only have two left on my steering wheel now.. :mad:

jeff, did you go through this process yet? my climate control backlights all went out... just wondering how the processs was and if its worth my time, or i will just be guessing.

josh

jeff, did you go through this process yet? my climate control backlights all went out... just wondering how the processs was and if its worth my time, or i will just be guessing.

josh

Still waiting on the lights. I've never recieved them and actually thought about that today. I'll have to call the place and see whats up.

josh

X2. Just lost one the other day! Please let us know how you make out..:beer:

I'm still trying to get the company to send the lights. :mad:

May have to try something else, but I was only giving around $.65 each, which was the cheapest I've found.

I'll keep everyone updated.

I got some at radio shack. Unfortunetly, my soldering iron crapped out on me halfway through it. So the last half came out like crap.

Back