• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Replaced OEM 7-pin trailer plug

twinbubba

Reaction score
For the last few years with both my Titan and now my DMax I have had to use a 7-pin to 4-pin flat adaptor when towing my boat or utility trailer. Furds have both, I don't know why GM does not.
Anyway I found a plug made by HopkinsMfg (Hoppy part #40955) that has both the 7 & 4 pin, fit in the hole left from removing my OEM 7-pin and plugged directly into the OEM wiring harness. I had to drill 4 holes for mounting screws but the install looks clean. I paid $25 for it at AutoZone.
Now I can get that darned adaptor out of my glove box.

Just thought that some of you that need both 7 & 4 pin might like to know there is a cheap, easy to install, solution. I think I paid about $12 for that darned adaptor.

TB

For the last few years with both my Titan and now my DMax I have had to use a 7-pin to 4-pin flat adaptor when towing my boat or utility trailer. Furds have both, I don't know why GM does not.
Anyway I found a plug made by HopkinsMfg (Hoppy part #40955) that has both the 7 & 4 pin, fit in the hole left from removing my OEM 7-pin and plugged directly into the OEM wiring harness. I had to drill 4 holes for mounting screws but the install looks clean. I paid $25 for it at AutoZone.
Now I can get that darned adaptor out of my glove box.

Just thought that some of you that need both 7 & 4 pin might like to know there is a cheap, easy to install, solution. I think I paid about $12 for that darned adaptor.

TB

Your truck should've come with the adapter. It is kinda retarded though.

Agreed. I have to carry an adapter around with me also.

i installed that very 4-7 plug on the burban and installed a brake controller works great, i just need to install a dmax in it now so it can lug the trailer faster than 45 in the hills:eek:

Back