• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Replaced my billet 56mm wheel with a 60 mm billet extended tip wheel.

turbovanman

I has boost, :O)
Reaction score
Can't stop tinkering and also wanted to step up to a 60mm wheel to see what would happen, fingers crossed it was good, lol.

Install was a nightmare, I was quoted a price to machine the compressor housing and they changed the price upon arrival, :mad2: So after waiting something like 5 months, I went back and talked to someone else, $50, :cool:

So got that done, rebuilt another turbo and installed it, went around the block and it was done, so rebuilt the turbo I was using and that one was fine. I guess the turbine is way out of balance causing it to go but I'll figure that out later.

Results impressive, after driving around and just coming back from Spokane, I can honestly say this wheel rocks. The top end powerband is like a 2 stroke, as with the 56mm wheel, it would hit a wall so to speak, not this wheel, it just keeps pulling and pulling, going up some stupid, stupid steep hills, I could keep it in 4th at 10 psi and sometimes on the really steep ones, it would drop to 3rd for a bit. One hill coming home out of Vantage, Wa, its steep and lasts something like 10-15 mins of straight up, I could maintain 65-70 mpg BUT the only tradeoff I've noticed is midrange is softer, not by much but slighly noticeable and its quieter than the stock billet wheel, :(

IAT's are lower, boost is slightly higher at part throttle and full throttle picked up 2-3 psi. I have no clue about EGT's and my backpressure gauge is broken. I did NOT touch the fuel screw and mpg seems to have gone up.

This wheel is awesome and with 3.42+ gears, it would be the perfect wheel. :thumbsup:

I'll post pics later.

Wow, that sounds very impressive! Glad you got it running strong. I'm sure I read it at some point in your build thread, but what turbo are you running?

Matt

Its in my sig, an HX35 with a 12cm housing. I've ran the stock 7 blade HX35 wheel, then a stock Billet 56mm Volvo wheel and now this.

Did some towing this weekend, aprox 6000 lbs, it was stupid hot for around here, 30+ deg C and she towed it no problem. IAT's were higher than I wanted, even empty they hovered around 160 ish cruising. I didn't use WOT as I still need to repair one hose connection that blew off on my trip, but at 10 psi, could hit 60 mph without too much issue.

Back