• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Renewable diesel delivered to your door?

WanaDmxSub

Recruit W/gray hair
Reaction score
What if this diesel Reduced CO2 emissions without compromising engine performance, solved many of the performance challenges, such as cold flow and stability associated with conventional biodiesels, worked well even at low temperatures, does not clog filters, can be stored for a long period of time without degradation, was compatible with dino/bio diesel and was made from sugarcane and gene spliced yeast
Would you be will to have it delivered to you door?
Would you be willing to pay more (No I don’t know how much more) to have it delivered to your door in drums?
No the fuel isn’t currently available.
No I don’t have anymore details than what I posted above.
I just want to see if there is anyone else out there that might be interested. There are currently no stations in my area the sell bio-diesel, so I’m looking for alternatives. You never know...maybe the right person will read this and think it’s doable or even a great PR move for them!

It's not a bad idea!
Problem is majority of people like us do not have space for a couple of drums of fuel. Nor do they have a pump for it.

It's not a bad idea!
Problem is majority of people like us do not have space for a couple of drums of fuel. Nor do they have a pump for it.

Like the idea, however would this allow them dadburn guvmint people unwanted access to your property to make sure you are EPA compliant, it was same reason I didn't get my FFL as it would have allowed guvmint (ATF) to have legal 24/7 access to my property without warrants

Probably right Tim, but does the EPA have that right with current owners of heating oil? And do they bother anybody?
I know there are real problems with trying to get tanks underground but an above ground tank with a nice containment area would be the way to go.

I think the big gorilla in the building now is the Department of Homeland Security.

Isn't there some kind of homeland security law that now requires special security and guarding of fuel storage facilities, along with long and convoluted federal reporting procedures, if you go over a certain amount of fuel being stored on site? (I can't remember how big the storage could be, but it sounded like it didn't have to be very large before you would have to meet all kinds of new federal regulations.)

I remember a few months back seeing on TV part of some congressional hearing where the congressman (I think he was from Iowa) was arguing about the undue hardship this law was putting on farmers who have to store fuel on site in order to run their farms.

How much diesel fuel can you store on site before you trigger this security and reporting nightmare?

That could be one reason (among many others...) why I can't find anyone (in my area) that will deliver.

Back