• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Removing door badging

jhornsby3

Reaction score
After looking around and trying the search, there is nothing coming up on removing the badging on the door trim. Does anybody know how those badges are attached. I don't want to just start ripping them off.

Thanks all

IIRC they are just glued on. I know the side molding comes off with some heat and careful peeling. There are also wheels that can go on your drill and get the remaining glue off.

I'm not worried about any "glue" or 3M type tape. I just seen the prongs on the backs and didn't want to just start ripping them off to find out there were nailed with the tape.

Thanks, Brother,

John

Hmm. I always ripped the whole side strips off but never worried about how the 1500, 2500, 3500 stickers were stuck on. I assumed they were just stuck to the plastic.

Until I put rear fenders on I want to leave as much of the side molding as I can. White paint needs all it can get to break it up. I need to get the peeling in check and put some other color on it for sure. Damn white anyways.:rolleyes5:

Haha, my 93, 00, and 06 are all white and they are all flaking. That paint is CRAP. Paint is the last thing i have time to worry about on my rigs at the moment.

Oh I'm not worrying about it. I figured at the rate it's pealing, I'd be ready for fresh paint by next summer. Save on the media blaster that way:thumbsup:

I remember a thread about de-badging a while ago. It was called the fishing line trick. If you try to remove the badging on a good hot sunny day, grab hold of about 3 feet of fishing line and wrap it around your hands. Then start sliding the fishing line between the tape and the body. It works better if you have help, and have the person keeping pressure on the pieces that you are removing by slightly pulling away from the body in the same direction at the same time you are sliding the line. That should get the badging off. Then maybe some clay bar or something else to remove the remaining sticky tape left on the body.

The badging in the tailgate was loose so I took it off with the hose on high. Oops! It was easy to just use a razor blade to remove the rest of the adhiesive then buff it out with some buffing compound.

It's the badging on the side molding I was asking about. I'll just do as mentioned above, and just pull it off. I'll just do the passengers side first. That way if I mess it up the wife has to look at it and not me.:thumbsup:

Back