• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Remove the DPF from LMM

Nitro907

Reaction score
OK I'm not too proud to ask......:noidea:How does one remove the DPF from the LMM and what modifications has to be made when it is removed? I understand it must be reprogramed so the ECM will stop looking for the DPF, but thats all I know. I'm not planning on doing it myself that would be like the blind leading to blind. I just want to know whats being done to my truck... Thanks in advance

aftermarket exhaust and a tuner capable of tellin the ecm that the dpf is no longer there. thats it. quad stealth 2, efi live are the ones i know for sure. i think others are beginning to create lmm dpf delete capable stuff... just not sure who.

i dont think any mfr make an exhaust that is dpf delete for these trucks. you have to buy a kit that works on the gmt800 platform and modify it to work on the 900's.... this will get rid of the dpf for you...

as far as all this goes, dont get caught without it. heard you can get some bigass fines for pullin it out. i'd keep the dpf in case you ever have to smog the truck.... throw it back in, load stock tune and you be good.

i have also heard that the lmm's have something in the ecm that will tell the dealer when the truck has been modified. they will most likely throw that in your face if you ever have to get warranty work done unless you are best friends with the dealer...

just a thought....

Mistake me if I'am incorrect, but if one removes the DPF and adds a tuner will that void the warranty???

Mistake me if I'am incorrect, but if one removes the DPF and adds a tuner will that void the warranty???

Tecnically it can. Primarily it depends on your dealer as to how far they want to push the issue. GM is getting very addimant about identifying aftermarket "Power Up" devices and issuing warranty blocks. Most Dealers won't do much about it unless there is a major failure to the vehicle, to where the GM Reps. may become involved, and thats just to cover their own ass. Especially with work as slow as it is, they're gonna be trying to keep as much work coming into the shop as possible. Like in my case, I'm not gonna blow the whistle on any one for doing the same things that I've done.:D My suggesting to you is to establish a good working relationship with your service department, trust me, it will make your life much simpler if you run into a problem down the road.:beer:

I agree with Noah. You can always just put the DPF in the garage for a later time in case you ever have to return to the dealer for problems.

Alot of people are seeing alot better MPG gains with the DPF off and a mild tune.

I agree with Noah. You can always just put the DPF in the garage for a later time in case you ever have to return to the dealer for problems.

Alot of people are seeing alot better MPG gains with the DPF off and a mild tune.

I'am considering doing this with the Quad and a MBRP turbo back exhaust but I'am going to wait a year to see how the truck runs within that time frame.

PPE, RBP, Quad and EFI Live are the ones I know for sure will override the DPF.

There are full DPF delete kits available now. You just have to sign a waiver.

$1,400 fine for you to remove it. $10,000 fine for a shop to remove it if the liability isnt placed on you.

Keep it around just in case. sure you can get $200 bucks for it at the scrapyard but they are much more new.

If you have a good relationship with your service dept. like I do you will be fine. They still stuck my truck under warrenty.

Back