• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Relocate Fuel Filter Manager

treegump

Romans 3:22-24
Reaction score
It seems I've seen in a few pictures of gauge installations, and feed the beast, and other topics the bottom of the manager is flush with the top of the engine, verses the stock positioning of the top of the manager flush with the top of the engine. Am I just seeing things, or did you, who have done it, move it? If so, what does it involve?

To make it more accessible and also to reroute the stock hoses that goes underneath the intake manifold to go around the intake. Easier to see when it is leaking. Most of them have done the Feed The Beast mod which enlarge the fuel line from filter to IP to 3/8" from 1/4". In that pics, they also put a tee for pressure gauge to measure the fuel pressure coming out of the LP and from FFM to the IP. Which is easier if you relocate the FFM a little bit higher.

I have not done mine, too lazy but it is a good idea.

To make it more accessible and also to reroute the stock hoses that goes underneath the intake manifold to go around the intake. Easier to see when it is leaking. Most of them have done the Feed The Beast mod which enlarge the fuel line from filter to IP to 3/8" from 1/4". In that pics, they also put a tee for pressure gauge to measure the fuel pressure coming out of the LP and from FFM to the IP. Which is easier if you relocate the FFM a little bit higher.

I have not done mine, too lazy but it is a good idea.
ditto to all the above

prefer ffm up for access, inspection, service. seemed as though I was always fighting it when doing any top work, so I moved it. been there or over 2 years.

Attachments

• fm move 01.jpg
    fm move 01.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 94
  • fuel gauge tap cut-off.jpg
    fuel gauge tap cut-off.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 89
  • tpo o engine.jpg
    tpo o engine.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 89
prefer ffm up for access, inspection, service. seemed as though I was always fighting it when doing any top work, so I moved it. been there or over 2 years.

did you use the 10mm rod, or a larger rod? I bought some 10mm rod, and it looks too tiny to use to hold up the manager...

Here is my set up:

DSC00674.jpg
DSC00673.jpg
DSC00679.jpg

Was def worth the time and effort. Had a fuel leak yesterday that was very easy to find due to the fact that everything is now visable. Much easier to change the filter and clean the bowl as well.

Back