• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Recommended "things to check" before your warrany runs out...

Odlaw

Redneck
Reaction score
I don't know if it's just my truck or chevrolet's in general, but I've had several axle seals leak on my D-max. RR one has been replaced twice in a short period of time and then the dealer went back in with extra sealant it finally stopped leaking. The two flange seals (both sides) of the front axle have been wet for about 20 k miles...and I wanted to wait until the last possible moment while still under warranty to get em fixed...the odometer was showing 99980 when I dropped it off yesterday - lol. Good thing I waited because last week I thought I was hearing an occasional "bearing whine" coming from the right front. (Left one has already been replaced under warranty). sure nuff, dealer called to say the RF hub assembly needed to be replaced...so It's back at the dealer today.

This may have been discussed here somewhere before but what is the deal with these front bearings? Had a buddy on his 06 they both failed around 40k miles. Hopefully the replacements last a little longer.

I replaced the RF hub at around 100k but then no more issues with either. I have no other leaks and no other issues at 190k except stuff I probably am to blame for due to the EGR block, PCV reroute, and Predator tune.

Check the vent hoses on both diffs. If they're blocked or kinked, or if the check valve is blocked there's a good chance it will cause the axle seals to leak.

One more thing...when I picked my truck up I made a comment about how it was a good thing waiting til the last minute due the the bearing...the service manager said GM has extended the front bearing assemblies out to lifetime. Any body else heard of this?

Back