• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Recommended Greases

grease-spr-pic2.PNG

By the numbers its comparable to the other top name brands.

Mystik JT6 says it buttery smooth. It doesn't mention Tack. ????? Washout is low.

I know its hard to get excited about grease as any grease it better than no grease. Seems to always be a trade off on characteristics.

How you grease is key too.

Anyone want to compare BEST practices on greasing? Depends on the joint. Ball joints are my least favorite to grease as the boot seems like a big ole dirty diaper holding squeezed out grease. The Ball joint boot also is the most important and best sealing boot. Its sealing the joint but I want to know I can put some more grease in to flush out some old.

Anyone spray the boot with anything to help it swell and stay supple?

Moog says to pump in just enough until the boot swells a little. I grease regularly so that is only ~3 pumps for initial swelling.

How I grease right or wrong ?...

1! clean nipple and grease gun tip.

2. pump slowly and watch for squeeze out or boot swell.

2a. Depends on joint. If open type pin or dust cover boot allow more sqeeze out On Bushhog tail wheel I have it lifted or anything easy to move I spin it and keep pumping to fill as much void as possible. Sometimes will hold paper towel to try and seal squeeze out for one more pump.

2b. Ball joint I pump till the boot looks partially expanded like a balloon.

2c. Tie rods I pump til a pump stroke amount squeezes out.

3. Wipe away excess squeeze out. The stuff that will drop away. Don't clean too much leave grease on edges to help seal joint.

4. Leave the grease on the tip of zerk fitting to seal it. see 1!

Last edited:
Back