• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rebuilding Fisher MM1 Lift Cylinder

Thought the beer was on you ?

COme on over bro!

After work I had a little daylight, so I was dremeling all my electrical solonoid contacts mirror clean, Removed pos and neg from motor and dremeling away.

Well I loosened the positive bolts off the stud (TOP stud mind you) I was wiping it down and it dripped black fluid!! LOL. I said wth... SO, Unbolted the unit off the resevoir, sure enough the Motor-to-pump seal was torn.......

Put it on the vise, broke free the 2 long bolts that hold the unit together from the top, and it started pouring what looked like waste oil. Tossed it in a plastic tub, and proceded to take it apart.

Thing was filled with crud man.... nasty.

I'm gonna just get a new one, I think, but I will clean this one up for a spare.

I have it submerged right now in a gallon of B100 out of my xfer tank :) Turned the nice oil black instantly.. I'll get some carb cleaner and blast it out in a few days.

I'll get a new Seal for it, and probably get a new motor.

This thing is 12 years old, and just nasty.

The brushes looked ok, but the attachment to the stud on the inside is a weld, and it appears strong, but its obvoius somoene twisted em up.

For a little more than an hours worth of plowing I can have a new motor, which will probably draw less amps and give me peace of mind. I will toss a new seal in this one for testing and for backup.

I already have a backup pump from a while ago, chasing a moisture problem first year I had it, so my pump is new.

I can't believe i didn't run into issues before with this thing half filled with plow fluid. surprised it didn't dead short.

It tell ya man, its really nice to have this thing apart in my carport, and have no rush whatsoever to work on it.

Better yet, it'll be in the 60's next week....

Online prices for motor is a benjamin... I thought I saw one at Howard P Fairfield wehre I'm getting my lift piston parts from for 70, but I may be wrong.

Blizzplowman can you rename this thread to MM1 Lift Cylinder Rebuilding, to make it more useful for others in the future please.

Can delete this message too.

Got the parts. Gonna re-assemble tommorrow.

Attachments

• New Parts 001.JPG
    New Parts 001.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 9
  • New Parts 002.JPG
    New Parts 002.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 9
Back