• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rebuilding A 6.5 Diesel First Time Need Help

I think my first comment was correct. Any time you buy a used vehicle you run the risk of someone modifing or just plain fixing it wrong.

I think my first comment was correct. Any time you buy a used vehicle you run the risk of someone modifing or just plain fixing it wrong.

UH......Just a unsuccessful attempt at a little "6.5" humor....I guess :nonod: :rolleyes5:

Hope you didn't toast the bearings....

We had an old 6.5 that blew the oil cooler lines on the highway and by the time we shut the engine off and coasted to the side of the road, the damage was done....needed a new engine.

Hope the truck is treating you well besides the age problems....even the 07.5 DMAX has small engineering faults that need to be looked at when I get time....

Came across your thread the date is 2009 and it's almost 2011 but if your still building this engine I have some information you might be able to use!
Dave Zichek

I picked up a different running engine for cheap and have been using it since. But i do plan on using it eventually :) what can u tell me? its just sitting in the shop all shiny.

that chunk is kind of the end of that block. dont even try it you will wind up with a window in the block this is the voice of experiance! a differant block can be purchaced cheap usually at the local gm truck dealer they may have an old warrentee block laying around they will dump on you if you promise they will never see you again if not craigs list can produce results but if you are going to put the time amd money into a hotrod a block is an important investment

Back