• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rebuilding a 141

It takes some doing, but you can disassemble each one to clean and check. Clean and check the rollers, noting any slop in the rollers.. This in itself may lead to more problems if you aren't careful. Then you have to know what to look for once you get them apart.

I guess bottom line, they ARE wear items and cost a couple hunders bucks. Replacement is the best way to be sure. Yes liflers are normally replaced on a complete rebuild.

Fel-Pro 9701PT Std. thickness

Fel-Pro 9521PT .010" thicker

10 thousandths will lower your comp..

It's widely known that OE head bolts are TTY. (used once because they're all stretched out).. Have heard of guys re-using them.. I personally would not. Maybe ARP studs? At least new bolts.

piston pin bushings:
Would a.2 piston pin bushing for a 6.2 fit on a 6.5? Also, do you need to bore each time you replace these bushings?

Most of the pin bushing kits I found says it need bore, except the one for the 6.2 wich doesn't say that. http://www.ebay.com/itm/170765861260?item=170765861260&frommaketrack=true&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Any place where I can find bushings and C-clip retainers?

Ceramic coating:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tech-Line-P...t=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Is it worth it?

Thread name :

Mods, is it possible to change it to "Rebuilding a 599" instead of the "Rebuilding a 141"?

Same bushing. But ALL bushings need 'fitted' to each pin. They're a very precise fit. A job for the engine machinist for sure. Note that there are 'oversize' bushings available also. Bushings in link above are Standard OE size.

IIRC the 6.5 pistons for turbo apps are Anodized in OE form. (the tops only)

I'm in a quest for brass Rocker Arm Retainer, as I have limited faith in the nylon/plastic ones.

I've been told that Heath sold them, but didn't find any in his online catalog, and could not get any reply to my mails...

Anybody knows a place where I can find them?

I had thought about machining some from Delrin... Or just nixing the whole stamped rocker setup and going roller- my version. ;)

Ceramic coating:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tech-Line-P...t=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Is it worth it?

Matuva, the coating you need is called "CBX" from Tech Line, no other coating from them is designed for compression over 13:1 and turbo,supercharged motors, the one in your link will not hold up and do you more harm than good.. as said above, can't be bought on fleebay, using any other product will cause you grief... have you checked to see if there are any coaters in your area??

Number 1 Permatex as stated in post 20. Engine oil for internal engine fasteners, no goop of any kind. 3 step torque sequence.

It's not off the drawing board yet. I'm trying to figger out how I want to use off the shelf 1.7 ratio BBC rockers.... I remember a fella (MaxPF) that did his version which was sweet, but I'm shooting for something more marketable and 'do-able' for a simple bolt on.

Oh I'll definitely fess up when I get some real parts made. Gotta get a game plan for my next build also. It'll be a minute.... ;)

I heard that when changing push rods, you have to be very careful wich side of the push rod you put in the lifter, and to the rocker. It is said the brass colored tip must go to the rocker.

Though, the ones I saw in the engines are chrome each side, none is brass colored :???: :skep:

Back