• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rear turn signal not working

RD400HP

Reaction score
On my 95 the left rear turn signal is not working. I have power to the tail light at the harness connecter but no power to the signal bulb, but the tail light works.

I was wondering if the circuit board in the tail light could be the problem has a purple color to it where the connecter is, thanks.

Mark

The board is fairly common to go out. Do you have a multi meter? I have never tried but you could try reading continuity /resistance from the plug/pin to the light socket on the "board". On the wiring harness you are getting 12V pulsing power on a terminal "pin"?

I take it your blinker indicator on dash is solid (indicating bulb is blown) but don't see the bulb wire blown and or a new bulb did not fix blinker light.

The board is fairly common to go out. Do you have a multi meter? I have never tried but you could try reading continuity /resistance from the plug/pin to the light socket on the "board". On the wiring harness you are getting 12V pulsing power on a terminal "pin"?

I take it your blinker indicator on dash is solid (indicating bulb is blown) but don't see the bulb wire blown and or a new bulb did not fix blinker light.

Thanks for the reply Schiker, yeah I have a meter I could check it with I'll do that tomorrow. I was just trying to find out if this was a common problem with these before I went out and bought something I didn't need. The indicator on the dash says its working and the bulb looks a little dark but it doesn't look blown. I stuck a bulb in it I knew was good and it wouldn't flash so I figured it had to be the board ,thanks again Schiker.

Mark

Back