• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rear Slider Yes or No

Put in a sliding rear window or no?

• Total voters
I would get a slider, but then I have difficulty getting the arc right on anything I throw out my side window aiming for the bed. ;)

my buddy has the same problem. We were in my truck, and he threw his beer cap into the bed, and it slid across my toolbox and tinked onto the pavement as we were driving away from my religious sister and her friends after we changed a battery in her car. she was impressed, needless to say! :)

But to stay on topic, I voted slider, considering the cost wouldnt be much higher. the ventilation and ease of access to the bed is worth it. Crooks will get in if they want to, and would prolly break a window on an unlocked door. nothing stops those guys...except rusty trucks with nothing in the cab! :)

I'm kinda patial to my rear window de-icer/fogger..whatever you want to call it. But I know my dog would rather have a hole to stick his head out...

Used silicone to convert a slider to a non slider... to stop the annoying buzz-rattle from the slider due to uncorrectable drive shaft vibration. It is another place for leaks, noise, and repairs. Not my first or second choice to get one if I ever have to.

Back