• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

rear entry 2nd slide seat release

schiker

Reaction score
'97 ext cab bucket seat 60/40 with center console. Anyone ever fix the cable that releases the 2nd slide of the seat base for passenger side?

When I push entry lever the seat back comes forward and the seat slides forward half way. Then I have to reach under find and trip the 2nd slide release manually for the seat to move all the way forward. Anyone ever fix the cable that is suppose to allow the seat back to trip the 2nd slide? Any tricks / tips?

i've replaced 8 of em. they are a pain, theres no tricks, no easy way to do it in the truck. if you are a contortion artist, then they wont be as bad. The easiest way (longest) is take the seat out and turn it over on a table to put the bottom part of the cable in. Then feed it through the top, opening the fabric at the corner, and hook it to seatback.

Where did you get the new cable? Is the new one a real improvement (stronger and won't break) or is it just a replacement?

Finally fixed it.

Finally fixed it. I took the seat out and it wasn't too bad after that. The seat bolts have goo on them so it was a bit of work getting them out but the cable itself wasn't too bad. The only thing that takes extra care is the little internal star washer end cap thingy.

Here are some pics....

Attachments

• seat-cable 003.jpg
    seat-cable 003.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 3
  • seat-cable 004.jpg
    seat-cable 004.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 4
  • seat-cable 006.jpg
    seat-cable 006.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 5
  • seat-cable 002.jpg
    seat-cable 002.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 3
another pic

The little internal star washer end cap that holds the cable end metal attachment.

THe seat corner is attached with hook and loop like velcro so it came apart pretty easy and went back together like it hadn't been touched. Thanks for the reply and suggestion for taking the seat out.

Attachments

• seat-cable 007.jpg
    seat-cable 007.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1
Just trying to help. Anything that make putting these things in any easier is worth it!!! Matter of fact, since i replied to you, i had to put one in my 95. only the third one in 15 years. but mine gets used a lot.

Back