• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

rear end issues

97 Powerstroke

Reaction score
i have a 97 powerstroke it had 4:10 gears in it with the ford f250 front end so i swaped the front end and rear end which came from a 86 f350 and now it wont shift rite the overdrive light blinks i cant figure it out why its doing it anyone have suggested thenk you

Your diff have a speed sensor in it? I know your old one did but I don't think your new one had the hole for it.

Your diff have a speed sensor in it? I know your old one did but I don't think your new one had the hole for it.

This would be my bet as well. Does your current rear diff have the speed sensor in it? Did you re-calibrate the signal to the PCM for it to shift properly with the new axles if you changed gear ratios or tire size? That is a fully electronic transmission and shifts using engine load vs RPM's and vehicle speed. If you change even one of those factors without re-calibrating it it won't shift properly. Let alone if you change 2 factors by swapping gear ratios and tire size. And without the vehicle speed sensor reading it cannot shift properly. And why did you change out to the older axle anyways? Aren't they both FORD 10 1/4 STERLINGS?

Back