• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rear drum brakes

It really sucks watching your town get torn apart in the name of what they call progress... It's more like them just destroying a whole way of life.... I actually grew up on Seneca Lake just outside of Watkins Glen New York.. little town called Hector... It was nothing but vineyards and farmland when I was a kid... And up till I left home.... Now they're building huge estates and micro house complexes and all this crap up along the lake... Totally destroying New York's wine country... All because the damn tourists started coming there and discovered it was beautiful so they decided to destroy it by moving where... As much as I miss living up there in the mountains you couldn't give me a piece of property up there now... Lincoln is starting to sound really good LOL

We are a big tech start up town, our nickname is the Silicon Prairie. Hudl was founded here and is building their World Headquarters here as I type this. Google Hudl. Just about every telestrated sports replay you see on TV or in a coach's film room is using their graphics programs.

We're rated in the top ten nationally in just about every quality of living category there is. Quality of the Public Education, park system, bike trail system, affordability of housing, low utility rates (publicly owned electric utilities statewide). Our Lincoln Children's Zoo is the #1 rated children's zoo in the Nation according to the American Zoological Association (an interesting side note is that 60 miles away in Omaha is the Henry Doorly Zoo, not only rated the #1 zoo in the Nation, but also #1 in the World! The two best zoo's in the Nation are 60 miles apart and in Nebraska!

Oh, crime rate and gang activity? What crime rate? What gang activity? There isn't anywhere in town you'd feel unsafe walking in at 2-3am, either.

We're a B1G Conference college town with some of the best facilities and venues in the entire NCAA across multiple sports. Football, men's and women's basketball (Pinnacle Bank Arena, 15,200 cap) , volleyball arena (9,000 capacity and sold out), baseball and softball complex, soccer complex, indoor and outdoor track facilities, swimming and diving, men's and women's gymnastics. NCAA record sellout streak since 1962 at our 92,000 seat stadium, NCAA record number of Academic All-Americans. State of the art, Emmy Award winning PBS and Educational Television facilities/programming. International on-line telelearning degree programs as well as remote telelearning for in-state high school students out in remote areas like the Sandhills.

Nah, won't happen. The town changes you. It was about 125,000 population when I was born here. Now it's pushing 300,000 and it's still the same atmosphere.

Back