• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Rear drivers side window goes down at random startups!

66FLH

"The Big Kahuna"
Reaction score
Anyone got an idea?It does it sporadically.I've reset my driver 1&2 buttons with all of the stuff where I want it and the stupid window goes down by itself every once in a while!:mad2:

I'd say that switch is suspect. My 02 got rained in once, left the window on "smoking" mode. Switches got wet and never worked the same. All four of them went down when I started it and would NOT go back up. Had to go steal a switch panel out of a Tahoe at my dealership to get them back up! No fun.

I'd say that switch is suspect. My 02 got rained in once, left the window on "smoking" mode. Switches got wet and never worked the same. All four of them went down when I started it and would NOT go back up. Had to go steal a switch panel out of a Tahoe at my dealership to get them back up! No fun.
That sounds more like it.It did get a bunch of snow on the drivers switch this past winter.Trouble started after .Thanks.

my buddy's truck does that same exact thing randomly every once in a while. I think it was just a data bus/BCM glitch because I shut his truck off and restarted it and everything was fine.

the switch plate is a door module. you have to program them just like the ecm ect. if it got wet than it can do that stuff.

also found this in si
Subject: Unwanted Operation of Rear Windows

Models: 2003-2006 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT

2003-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2003-2006 GMC Sierra, Sierra Denali

2003-2006 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL

2003-2006 GMC Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
Some customer may state that the rear windows will operate by themselves at times.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Check the body harness that runs along side of the park brake pedal assembly for a pinched or chaffed wiring harness. This condition may occur when the park brake is applied. Repair the effected wiring and reroute the wiring harness for adequate clearance from the park brake assembly area.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

the switch plate is a door module. you have to program them just like the ecm ect. if it got wet than it can do that stuff.

also found this in si
Subject: Unwanted Operation of Rear Windows

Models: 2003-2006 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT

2003-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe

2003-2006 GMC Sierra, Sierra Denali

2003-2006 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL

2003-2006 GMC Yukon Denali, Yukon Denali XL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
Some customer may state that the rear windows will operate by themselves at times.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Check the body harness that runs along side of the park brake pedal assembly for a pinched or chaffed wiring harness. This condition may occur when the park brake is applied. Repair the effected wiring and reroute the wiring harness for adequate clearance from the park brake assembly area.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

I'll check that after work.Thanks!

Back