• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Re-routing fuel lines?

Bigburban

Reaction score
Can the fuel lines that run under the intake to the IP and water drain valve be re-routed to the top side instead of the engine vally? Has anyone done this? Just seems it would be easier to keep an eye on them and much cooler for the hose wear and tear.

Not to change things but was looking at the fuel lines and noticed the return hose at #8 is wet (diesel) on the covering that is on the hose can this return line be changed without removing the engine and dismantling the whole truck (notice the sarcasm here)? Looks like that I can maybe squeeze my hand between the shield? If I reroute the hoses should I lift the FFM? Just got a new one from peninsular diesel complete for $85.00 (deal of the century)!

For what it is worth, if you plan to replace the fuel filter anyway you may as well relocate it to the fender,accessability is superiour there.

but to answer your question,yes.
If you hook the new hose to the old one with a nipple or piece of rod or bolt stuck in both you can wiggle/pull it trough.I wouldn't worry about the loom.

For what it is worth, if you plan to replace the fuel filter anyway you may as well relocate it to the fender,accessability is superiour there.

but to answer your question,yes.
If you hook the new hose to the old one with a nipple or piece of rod or bolt stuck in both you can wiggle/pull it trough.I wouldn't worry about the loom.

Do you have a pic of the relocation? By the word loom are you talking about the injector return line?

The heat shield can me moved pretty easy. There is only 2- 7 or 8mm head screws that hold the top. It is on 2 tabs on the bottom. Take the screws out and lift up . It should pop off the tabs and can be moved twards the front enough for decent access. You might want to look at it `with a bright light while it's running to be shure it's the return leaking and not the injector line or cap on the rear return nipple. I had a crack in a #8 injector line right at the ball under the nut that took weeks to find.

The heat shield can me moved pretty easy. There is only 2- 7 or 8mm head screws that hold the top. It is on 2 tabs on the bottom. Take the screws out and lift up . It should pop off the tabs and can be moved twards the front enough for decent access. You might want to look at it `with a bright light while it's running to be shure it's the return leaking and not the injector line or cap on the rear return nipple. I had a crack in a #8 injector line right at the ball under the nut that took weeks to find.

Yea I checked the injector line and it seems fine. The mesh cover stuff on the return line that has diesel on it about 3 inches from the injector. I was just checking all my other lines after replacing the ffm and happen to find it.

Anyone have any idea of the part number or where to get the good return line hoses or does it matter braided or not braided?

If you just need like an injector install kit, then pensacola diesel, accurate, ect.. carry them at reasonable price. Comes with clampless return lines that just push on and the copper crush washers too for a futuer injector install. As well as a new upper intake gasket.

Do you have a pic of the relocation? By the word loom are you talking about the injector return line?
No,the loom i meant is the wrapping on the water drain line of the FM.
I might have misread your post on it.
BK is pretty much on the ball with the access to the no 8 inj return line.Its gonna be a bit of a bitch to get to that one.

There is a pic of my FM relocation floating around the site somewhere.I think its in the" Feed the beast tread",i don't know how to insert the link.

No,the loom i meant is the wrapping on the water drain line of the FM.
I might have misread your post on it.
BK is pretty much on the ball with the access to the no 8 inj return line.Its gonna be a bit of a bitch to get to that one.

There is a pic of my FM relocation floating around the site somewhere.I think its in the" Feed the beast tread",i don't know how to insert the link.

Just Copy and Paste the link Simon.

Back