• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Raptor in/out fitting size for install in a 6.5????

greenmeanh1

Reaction score
OK so i bought the raptor rp 150 to install in the hummer. Over the phone i was told it took 1/2 inch fittings so i went and bought fittings. They dont fit!! So im wondering as i can't seem to get a straight answer from the vendor,, What fittings go in and out of the raptor pump??
I want to go with 2 90 degree fittings with 3/8 npt on one side and whatever matches the Raptor on the other side. It sure looked like 1/2 inch npt holes in the pump but no way the fittings would go in so im thinking it must -8an or something or maybe even something different on the input than the output.
Any thoughts??

My pump came without fittings?? I noticed in the on line RAPTOR manual they come with what looks to be some type of -16 AN fitting. Still doesn't help with what the thread is in the side of the pump LOL. Its not like i have a bunch of fittings to try and see which one fits. i have to order these on line so i want to get the right ones. So Raptor might be a good pump but documentation is thin and even the Pure Flow company seems to be confused as they indicate 1/2 in thier main ad but say -16 in the manual. The guy from XPD says 1/2 inch and the forums on the net say -8AN. LOL
Link to the pump i bought
http://www.xtremediesel.com/pureflowraptorvegetableoilpump.aspx?variation=10024

Can't find out the name and size of this 3/8 fuel line fitting either which is the nut o ring and flared 3/8 tube that runs into the rear of the stock lift pump.
Here is a link to what the nut and oring flare look like. I need a name for this too!!
http://www.carburetion.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?part=251660c45

Any help on these issues would be very cool!!

Second item down on this page http://leroydiesel.com/Fuel_Delivery.html

According to Pure Flow the Raptor uses a ¾”-16 O-ring Boss it would be the same type fitting as a Racor filter uses. If you need I can round those up also.

Sucks providing customer support for a product bought from a non supporting vendor, with another hot link to boot!!
Maybe try this link instead of a hot link again to a NON SV.
http://www.pureflowairdog.com/raptor.php

Thanks for the info and i guess i broke a forum rule. I don't know what a hot link is, someone explain. Sorry if i did something wrong.

Some forums you have to pay a membership fee. This one is free to us because there are supporting vendors ( like :burningoil- aka Leroy of LeroyDiesel.com) they pay for the site. The hot link sends business away from them to other places. Kinda rips off their advertising dollar.

Whenever we can we buy from the vendors supporting this site. Good prices and as you saw by him answering your question better knowledge and service is a plus. Even if the price is a tad higher I still will pay extra for the great customer service. Also these are the guys making improvements for these rigs on some items. Turbomaster, ATT turbo, upgraded glow plug harness,etc.

Not all the stuff applies to us hummer owners but a bunch does.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!! Double sorry to Leroy Diesel AKA Burning Oil. If its any consolation i share your site on the HML and recommend Leroy Diesel, Walking J, Turbine Doc and the Truck Stop Forum there as well. Come to think of it im probably breaking forum rules there by doing so as well.
I will be more mindful of that in the future!!

Thanks for clearing that up for me!! Double sorry to Leroy Diesel AKA Burning Oil. If its any consolation i share your site on the HML and recommend Leroy Diesel, Walking J, Turbine Doc and the Truck Stop Forum there as well. Come to think of it im probably breaking forum rules there by doing so as well.
I will be more mindful of that in the future!!

Thank you, I was actually having a "suck" day when I posted.

Were you able to get the correct fittings?
What is HML? (be carefull not to post a hot link:hihi:).

Back