• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ram Cummins Dodge 47RH?

FellowTraveler

Reaction score
OK,I had rebuilt my 47RH and I'm now somewhat puzzled about one thing which may or may not be a problem.

Before I fastened the torque converter to the flex plate I could rotate the transmission tail shaft in one direction which is normal. However; I suspect something maybe is not right after installing the torque converter fasteners and torquing them down I can not get the tail shaft to move manually when shift lever is in neutral. I have the bands set a little tighter and changed the ratio of the band actuator arm and thinking this maybe an issue.

I have not started the diesel yet so I could top off all the fluids.

Glad no money spent on parts at least.
Dad used to say “It’s hell gettin old, but it sure beats the alternative.” Haha.
A good friend, Johnny Z, once said as he experienced getting older with eyes and ears even getting worse - he figured out why God designs it that way. To see less distractions and hear less of the nonsense of people so he could focus more on the Lord.

You, like I, have a harder time than we used to spinning wrenches. So I want this to be the second to last rig I tear way into. (Dad’s Willy’s flat fender is the other). I need to save some of my body for what the Boss intended it for instead of my nonsense ideas.
A thought hit me while typing this- more bible time at rest might be what He is doing, since I know I need it.

For other times like the non spinning shaft- longer prybars can be a good thing. Used to avoid them cuz I would break stuff- now they don’t for some reason- hahaha

Back