• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Radio static with HIDs

HID's aren't made for High Beam use.

So save yourself the Headache, take them out, and put HIR's in there.

HID's aren't made for High Beam use.

So save yourself the Headache, take them out, and put HIR's in there.

I had HIRs in there. Wasn't real impressed with them. I only use the high beams when I know they are going to be on for a while on back roads.

I had HIRs in there. Wasn't real impressed with them. I only use the high beams when I know they are going to be on for a while on back roads.

HIR's are like HID's they need to be on for a while to get Brighter. They use the Heat from the Filament and the Coating on the Bulb for them to Burn Brighter than a regular Halogen.

I emailed VVME and the response I got was to wrap this stuff around the wires. I have no clue as to what it is or where to find it at.

Attachments

• silver_paper.jpg
    silver_paper.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 26
Little update. Today I went to a local audio electronics guy and asked him his thoughts about why my stuff is doing what it's doing. Basically he said that because I'm not running relays on any of the HIDs or the All high mod that this is causing my problem and that I'm going to burn something up. He was surprised that I hadn't already. Thoughts, comments, suggestions.

I've never had problems with Radio Static, I've always used a Relay Harness on every Install.

But I'm not gonna say it'll fix your Problem, but it'll help out your Electrical System.

Guess I need to order 6 relays then?:mad2: This sucks. Ought to be fun trying to run all that stuff.

Thanks a bunch James for clearing things up for me. :thankyou2:

Do you think that by just having the diodes run to the different relays for the all hi mod could have anything to do with it also?

No, if you have them up in the Fuse Box, done the way the DIY Sticky shows, leave it like that.

I don't have the All-On done on my Truck, so I don't know how exactly it goes.

Back