• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

radio replacement

haggus

Reaction score
The truck hasn't had a working radio since I bought it. Unless you consider AM radio which is rather dull unless you like CBC radio. I had a stereo from a previous vehicle so I went to wal-mart got the face plate and wiring adapter install took about 45min it's fairly simple when you have wiring diagrams.

dash2.JPG

dash1.JPG

Good for you. A radio makes driving-riding much nicer. An almost must have. Diesel clatter or a hot cam is a good substitute but if the engine is tame-boring I miss a radio.

Nice. Going to have to do that to mine. It was fleet ordered with a plain AM/FM radio. likely if they could have deleted it altogether they would have.

Im trying to figure out wut to do on a 93 aftermarket radio where in the heck does a guy start with wires i cant even find the antenna wire at all its got to ne in there somewhere

I highly recommend buying a new unit through Crutchfield and a wiring kit to go with it. The instructions they send are great and you also can get online or phone help with the installation. I also would suggest one with bluetooth so you can use the radio for talking while still driving.with both hands.

The radio's in that era truck have a tuner, an amp and a separate cassette player if so equipped.

The amp is down at the foot peddles. IIRC that is where the ant. is.

Back