• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Racor Fuel Filter Mount for 6.5s

Reaction score
This is the same mount that I built for Brutus to mount the Racor 230R Water Separator/ Fuel Filter on, It really makes life alot easier, after I put mine on I took the old FFM off, this will work with any of the 6.5s with their alt on the Pass side 96 up, Its made out of 3/16" steel and is real stout $50.00 + shipping This will work with any of the 200 series Racor setups

001-11.jpg

002-10.jpg

003-10.jpg

That mount looks NICE!........Problem is my PTO/Clutch Pump is in that area (lower down).....and your mounting holes for the bracket/mount might already be occupied.

Can you get a better pic of the mounting location on the engine/bracket side?

I sure wish I could have mounted mine like that. Would make changing the filter easier. Mine is changable but can be a pain as you have to hold your mouth, tounge the right way and have your legs crossed at the correct position to get in there and twist it out. :D

Racor top view.jpgRacor install.jpg

This is the same mount that I built for Brutus to mount the Racor 230R Water Separator/ Fuel Filter on, It really makes life alot easier, after I put mine on I took the old FFM off, this will work with any of the 6.5s with their alt on the Pass side 96 up, Its made out of 3/16" steel and is real stout $50.00 + shipping This will work with any of the 200 series Racor setups

001-11.jpg

002-10.jpg

003-10.jpg
I will buy one of those brackets if you are still making them.

Nice bracket, but I'm out of the game w/dual alts/gens on my 6.5.
I was just thinking about dual Alts for mine when my drivers side battery had lower amps than my passenger side battery this weekend out at the lake. The voltage regulator is only sensing the passenger side.If you don't mind me asking.What did it entail taking off the AC unit and what size belt did you use? Also, do you still have your vacuum pump on or did you discard it too?

I was just thinking about dual Alts for mine when my drivers side battery had lower amps than my passenger side battery this weekend out at the lake. The voltage regulator is only sensing the passenger side.If you don't mind me asking.What did it entail taking off the AC unit and what size belt did you use? Also, do you still have your vacuum pump on or did you discard it too?

Moderator; move this if necessary not meant to jack this topic.

Suggest you check your battery cables for corrosion under terminal crimps.

You don't have to remove the AC compressor the bracket they show the filter mounted to is for the compressor, alt/gen & p/s you just have to fabricate the front alt/gen bracket from 3/8' steel plate stock, how you locate the holes after forming the front bracket is take modeling or play clay and apply to the back of the fabricated plate steel bracket and gently press it onto the rear bracket then gently remove it flip over and you have raised areas for drilling holes to mount it.1999 K2500 Burb dual gen.jpg

I use a 118.25" belt and a Jeep idler pulley because that is what I had at the time I removed the vacuum pump and bracket the belt last much longer that the factory belt did.

Last edited:
Moderator; move this if necessary not meant to jack this topic.

Suggest you check your battery cables for corrosion under terminal crimps.

You don't have to remove the AC compressor the bracket they show the filter mounted to is for the compressor, alt/gen & p/s you just have to fabricate the front alt/gen bracket from 3/8' steel plate stock, how you locate the holes after forming the front bracket is take modeling or play clay and apply to the back of the fabricated plate steel bracket and gently press it onto the rear bracket then gently remove it flip over and you have raised areas for drilling holes to mount it.View attachment 45199

I use a 118.25" belt and a Jeep idler pulley because that is what I had at the time I removed the vacuum pump and bracket the belt last much longer that the factory belt did.
Whoops! My bad Moderator. Definitely not my intention to hijack this thread. I will start a New thread about this spontaneous MOD.
Thank you Fellowtraveler, I just had new 2ga cables in, new alt and 2 new batteries. I think she has been sitting to long and when driven she hasnt gone far enough to charge back up. But I will check them to make sure.
When I saw you are in Florida I felt dumb for asking if you had removed your AC. I live in a mild climate and have never had to use the AC , so I thought of removing it and putting in a 2nd ALT so I can charge up the drives side more and for other electronic necessities. Then, I can have lots of room for the Racor Filter bracket.

Back