• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Racor filter numbers

HighSierra86

Reaction score
Does anyone have the filter number for the aftermarket racor units?

I believe mine was a 490R30. I replaced the racor filter with a napa filter, which I am now learning is only a 15micron filter. I was seeing some real low fuel pressures shortly after the filter change and I think this would explain my problem as the racor was a 30micron.

Cant remember if the filter was just called an R30 or if there was more to it...If anyone has a filter number or a good place to order them, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot.

-Nick

here's what i found:
RA490R2- 2 Micron
RA490R10- 10 Micron
RA490R30 -30 Micron

Filter numbers are as follows:
R90P - 30 micron
R90T - 10 micron
R90S - 2 micron

Go to this link and you can download the manual for it with the filter chart.
http://www.parker.com/portal/site/P...rchResult&languages=EN&parentCh=FindCatlogId#

Do not use Napa replacements as they do not have the aquabloc chemical in the filter media so will not effectively filter water. Only use racor elements.

As to ordering them just google the filter number and many options shall appear including amazon.

Cheers
Nobby

Last edited:
I don't use the FFM, I use a duel filter pre LP, 1- 10 micron, 1-2 micron... both Racor water separators, I like clean fuel running through my pump, change the 2 micron every other time I change the 10 micron....cheaper than another Marine pump build. Fleebay is a good place to find them, less $$ than going through Parker and faster service for me.....

If i remember correctly the factory filter is a 5 micron, which will catch all the fine crap before it enters the IP.

The 30 micron pre-filter is ideal to filter out the larger particles first and keep them out of the LP for longer life. When I had this settup in my 95' I noticed the factory filter was cleaner at the regular intervals.

Thank you for posting filter numbers guys...I found a local shop that had two in stock so I picked them up yesterday. Gonna change them this morning to see if it helps my low pressure situation. If not, looks like im dropping the tank again to remove the sock....:eek:

-Nick

Back