• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

quick question,, intake manifold

Pruittx2

Been around a bit
Reaction score
ok,, I've lost my mind,, answer me this, Does the intake manifold run coolant thru it? Can I take it off and not spill coolant?

I have some wires running under it, that have a splice in them, they are under the middle of the pass sie of lower intake. and go to the CPS.
every now and then I get a code 19 for the Crank sensor. I put new GM unit in it several months back,, but still once in a blue moon, It will buck, and miss then SES light comes on.
check codes and get 19.

If it is an EGR manifold you might want to take this opportunity to change it over to a non egr one. got a a bit of improvement in my 95 GMC

6.5 intake installation.jpgPermatex has what's called "high performance thread sealant" #56521 which is what you'd want to use. Other than that, any other thread sealant or thread compound or pipe joint compound would probably work fine.

4 of the bolts or studs require sealant. 9, 11, 13 & 15 are exposed to the crankcase

Put a smear of high temp silicone on them and your good to go.

Just be real careful with the manifold off, that nothing drops into the intake ports.

Good luck
Missy

awesome you guys are the greatest! Seriously,, Where else can you go to get the info on 6.5's from all the right people, that have had all these issues before, or have been where others have not.

I'm gonna guess that the two numbers mentions that are NOT pictured, are opposite of the 2 that are pictured! <----- :thumbsup:

I could not find the picture with that page. I have it someplace, because I have the page printed off and in my service books. I do not remember where all the numbers are.

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_yl...+manifold&type=2button&fr=uh3_mail_srchcomp_a

http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/1u4mo-torque-specs-6-2-6-5-intake-manifold.html

awesome you guys are the greatest! Seriously,, Where else can you go to get the info on 6.5's from all the right people, that have had all these issues before, or have been where others have not.

I'm gonna guess that the two numbers mentions that are NOT pictured, are opposite of the 2 that are pictured! <----- :thumbsup:

Back