• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Quick help with PO403

toytruckman

Reaction score
EGR solenoid not working. Thats ok I dont care but it's got the CEL on.
How do I disable that so I can clear the CEL?

Thanks
dave

Stop at the local AutoZone or such and ask them to hook up their scanner that can clear it. It might come back though if there's a serious malfunction in the EGR. If there's nothing wrong with it and this is just a hiccup then several key cycles will clear it.

Thanks,

But I have EFI Live and I found how to disable it. Problem now is if I dont block it right away how do I know what position it's in, I dont want it open any.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the DTC Enable section, and disable the following:

P0401, P0403, P0404, P0405, P0406

Thanks,

But I have EFI Live and I found how to disable it. Problem now is if I dont block it right away how do I know what position it's in, I dont want it open any.

At higher boost it's known to still come open. Best is to block it with a plate also.

You can actually remove the actuator/motor from the egr valve if you disabled it through EFI. There are four philips head screws that hold it on. Take the screws out, unplug the motor and remove it.

People say that there's enough pressure on the exhaust side to push the valve open, but I don't believe it. Once the motor is off the EGR valve, take a screwdriver or something similar and push on the valve. It's held closed with a fairly stout spring that takes a lot of pressure to overcome.

I'll find a photo of the EGR valve so you know what I'm referring to.

Here it is. The EGR valve is the cast iron piece with two rectangular ports. The intake and grid heater assembly has been removed in this photo. The actuator is the black plastic thing to the left held on with screws.

attachment.php

You can actually remove the actuator/motor from the egr valve if you disabled it through EFI. There are four philips head screws that hold it on. Take the screws out, unplug the motor and remove it.

People say that there's enough pressure on the exhaust side to push the valve open, but I don't believe it. Once the motor is off the EGR valve, take a screwdriver or something similar and push on the valve. It's held closed with a fairly stout spring that takes a lot of pressure to overcome.

I'll find a photo of the EGR valve so you know what I'm referring to.

Here it is. The EGR valve is the cast iron piece with two rectangular ports. The intake and grid heater assembly has been removed in this photo. The actuator is the black plastic thing to the left held on with screws.

attachment.php

Thanks A Bunch,

I had had that some where but could not find it.

You are the man.

Thanks
Dave

Back