• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

questions

Dusty93chevy

Reaction score
So i am installing a sunpro boost guage and making a manual waste gate tomorrow need to know were i can get a boost tap bolt or were to get hardware that goes onto turbo also wat kind of spring do i get for the waste gate im making can someone please get back to me ASAP

I got mine at a local parts store, IIRC it was about 1/2" in diameter and 2 1/2-3" long.

MODS, I think This thread should be named Manual wastegate actuator or homemade turbo master. Something like that. this is hiding in the stickies under a name that not many people would look at I think when trying to find out how to make one.

I agree with jaryd. Can you message boostin or one of the mods and ask them to move it so he can get better help? In the a.m. I can take pics of the hardware I used to build my wastgate. I thought it to be a decent design for home made. If you don't want to order the tap bolt, you can take the plenum off the top of your engine and drill it and thread the hole.. And put the threaded fitting in that comes with the wastegate hose. I was intimidated by the idea at first but it actually turned out to be pretty easy

Back