• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Questions on the ATT during install.

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score
First, I am using 6.2 heads on a 6.2 bottom end so all bets are off for things going as planned. :skep:

I need help with the turbo oil drain tube. The 1995 one I have will not work. So I want to know what others have done to get this part to fit on a normal 6.5 just upgrading the turbo to the ATT.

So far I have to turn the tube 180 and cut it off to make any sort of oil drain. The tube will not pull up to the turbo as the bend hits the manifold.

The ATT instructions that came with mine had you cut the tube and extend it with a hose and some clamps. You would cut the factory tube near its first bend near the turbo. not sure if it will work with yours

I guess I better check my turbo for foreign objects in the form of instructions... I didn't find any in the box? I'll see if I can get a copy of them.

Here's the instructions

Attachments

• A_Team Turbo Installation Instructions.pdf
    303.7 KB · Views: 90
Also on your 6.2 is there a mechanical lift pump in side of the block, if so you'll need to convert to electric lift pump, and the boss where the mechanical lift pump goes is where the turbo oil drain boss goes on the 6.5, where are you tapping off for oil feed to the turbo bearing ?

Mods, Can we move this to the How To section?

This is a 6.2 for the 1995 Suburban and not my first 6.2 repower rodeo. It is "Finally!" my first A-Team! And many thanks for the freedom of information this site offers in regards to the turbo and other available products/mods. I would do a list of supporting vendors I used for the Suburban build, but, time... must get her running 1st... Lets just say if you shipped to AZ around Christmas it was likely for this project...

635 (Ted) modified his set up which I was lucky enough to obtain.

DSC00802.jpg

Both ends had to be modified to accept the upgrade. Looks and works great.
DSC00800.jpg

No more leaks at the block as sometimes happens.

Looks like I was another ATT-er without instructions. Maybe if I can piece together all the shredded paper they use to pack it I will have instructions. Thanks to NVW I won't be doing that. Hopefully it will be installed within the next day or two. Ed

RE: Installation Instructions for the ATT

Guys, I apologize for that I should start putting the instructions in written format . They are supposed to be sent in an email from Walking J. Once again I apologize, I have no way of knowing that they were not sent. I will take care of that though.:nonod:

Thanks to the members here instructions provided... Only tricky part is the turbo drain, the rest of the install is cake to figure out.

Back