• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Question on the Edge Evo programing

PINETREE

Reaction score
After some researching, my dad and i both decided to purchase the edge evo race for our 07.5 lmm 2500s' and we have both deleted the dpf with the mbrp turbo/down pipe-back exhausts. We have been trying to find info about the egr valve blocker plates. i just installed both programers and exhaust systems about a week ago and we have been told by an Edge tech that the egr blocker plate isnt necessary since the evo disables the egr valve automatically after you select that you have deleted the dpf. However, many guys install the plate and we are wondering if there are reasons it should be installed anyway.

Thanks for any information you guys can give. Also, for those of you that have the evo, how are you liking it?

After some researching, my dad and i both decided to purchase the edge evo race for our 07.5 lmm 2500s' and we have both deleted the dpf with the mbrp turbo/down pipe-back exhausts. We have been trying to find info about the egr valve blocker plates. i just installed both programers and exhaust systems about a week ago and we have been told by an Edge tech that the egr blocker plate isnt necessary since the evo disables the egr valve automatically after you select that you have deleted the dpf. However, many guys install the plate and we are wondering if there are reasons it should be installed anyway.

Thanks for any information you guys can give. Also, for those of you that have the evo, how are you liking it?

Even with the EGR turned off, it's said to still function (open). So many don't want it to so they install the plate. I've also heard more boost from the plate.

It's up to the owner. I have mine disabled with EFI Live, but I still don't have the plate yet.

The main purpose for the EGR blocker plate is to prevent the higher boost pressures from running a programmer from forcing the EGR valve open. This prevents the loss of potential boost pressure. Even with it disabled, the valve can still be moved if enough pressure is applied to it.:pop2:

Alright. Thank you guys. I have heard it is a bit of a pain to install on the LMM engine. Are there any tips for this project, or is it pretty straight forward?

Back