• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Question about using 5th Wheel Hitch for towing

Jones50

Reaction score
I made my son a trailer hitch for towing his new boat but it ended up coming apart and the boat passed me on the freeway when testing it, because it had broken lose.
I did a little research and this is what i found http://www.hitchanything.com/Reese-30K-Low-Profile-Fifth-Wheel-Hitch-30054.html sounds good and looks safer , but I am not sure if I can use this 5th Wheel Hitch for towing my son's boat? Has anyone tried this?

I'd have to say it would probably do a better job than a home-made one that allows the boat to pass you up. No safety chains? Anybody get hurt?

If you are on a budget and it sounds like you are if you are if you are trying to home build one. Then I would shop you local craigslist and find a good used one. It would be safer to you and everyone around you.

Is your son's boat on a 5th wheel trailer?

That must be some boat.

There is no way that I would attempt to tow anything on a homemade hitch, especially something with the weight requiring a 5th wheel trailer.

Back