• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Pyro/Boost or Pyro/Boost/Fuel Press. on A-Pillar

12ga diesel

Jack of all, Master of none
Reaction score
I am planing on adding the two gauges that most every does, Pyro and Boost, but I wanted to know is it worth getting a fuel pressure gauge too to make it a trifecta on the A-piller? Or is it something that is only needed when running huge HP numbers?

I woudl be interested in this also. I have a 3 pod setup, but only have boost and egt right now. Not sure what to put in the 3rd spot. Diff Temp?

I woudl be interested in this also. I have a 3 pod setup, but only have boost and egt right now. Not sure what to put in the 3rd spot. Diff Temp?

That's something else that I thought of too. For while towing, that would be something good to watch while going down the road.

I'd lean towards something else. Fuel pressure shouldn't be an issue with an 85hp tune. If you plan to go bigger, then sure. As far as diff temp goes, only if your planning to tow a lot of weight for a long time. Get an ATS cover, fill it with synthetic and forget about it. These are of course just my opinions. If you ever do on-board air, an air pressure gauge is also another thought. I'd hate to have to stare at an empty gauge pod hole though!

I think i would do a fuel pressure guage. I still may add one to my truck, im always wondering when and if its running low on pressure, especially seems how edge doesnt show it on the duramax like they do on cummins.

i would go with an oil temperature gauge if it was my choice. but then again i don't have any plans on making huge HP. monitoring oil could be useful for towing.

I like the air pressure idea. i was planning on doing an on-board air setup. The oil temp may be helpful too.

Yeah, the on board air tank is something I have thought about too. It would be neat to have that.

I debated about how many gauges I was going to put on my a-pillar. I finally went with two. I like that I can look over the gauges, I think a third gauge would be at a distracting place in your peripheral vision while driving.
I still have the fuel pres. gauge for my truck. I may install it and an oil temp guage in the trippin mount. The Autometer pillar is a PIA to get to stay up once installed because it uses the factory A-pillar and spring clip. Three gauges may be too much weight for it.

i have the three pillar and it stays up just fine. also if you have a lift pump than a fuel pressure gauge is good. if not i would not do the rail pressure gauge. no need for it really unless your pushing huge nums and need to monitor that during a run or pull.

Back