• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Putting IP Back Together...

Koots

Don't Mind Me
Reaction score
So i pulled apart my DB2831-5079 for a gasket/seal refresh and put it back together and it ran great...until i noticed the bad leak coming from the weephole. Replaced the driveshaft seals with the perfect old ones. When trying to put the hydraulic head back in a second time, nothing was working for me. I'd end up putting too much force and push the head in too far and busted up all my spare seals.

I ordered a pack of 10 from Mylex Int. so when they get there i plan on getting the pump back together. But does anyone have any tips for me while i wait? Seems that after i effortlessly put it back together the first time, the pump is just trying to make me lose more hair LOL

If you push the head in to far or turn it,you will tear the head oring. Not sure how you could ruin the front seal when installing the head, unless you did not have the drive slots alined ,and forced it. I always install the case onto the head,with the head sitting upright.

I meant that it is the head o-ring and should have been more clear on that. I'm hoping that with 10 tries, i will get it back together LOL

Back